Reasons why you need a website
1. Your Competition Has a Website. If you are in direct competition with another business that has a website, they have a clear advantage – especially if they are adequately marketing their website.
2. You’re Open 24/7. A website will allow your business or organization to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Many people surf the web in the evening when most businesses are closed. But if you have a website they can find, you are just as good as open. Is your competition open 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
3. Deliver Significant Information. More than ever before, people are turning away from traditional means of finding information and looking online. Yellow pages, directories, and printed materials are being used less.
4. Improve Customer Confidence & Corporate Image. With a professional website, your business will instill customer confidence and will greatly improve your overall image.
5. Small Businesses Have Higher Revenue. According to the Small Business Administration, small businesses that have websites are averaging $1.07 million per year in sales more than small businesses not online. That equates to 39% higher revenue.
6. 217 Million People. That’s a lot of people. In fact, it is the number of Americans that regularly use the Internet. Of those, 43.7 million use broadband. Worldwide Internet usage is one billion.
7. Establish More Customers. According to the Small Business Administration, 50% of Internet sales are from new customers. Having a website will significantly improve your customer reach no matter what services or products you are offering. Want new customers? Get a website!
8. Not Just Local – Global. Most small businesses are only able to market to their town and surrounding communities. With a website, you can take your goods and services across America and around the world, if you choose.
Do I Need a Web site?
Obviously I’m in the business of designing web sites, so naturally I’m going to encourage you to hire me to design your website. In answering your question, “Do I need a web site?” I simply can’t think of a single reason to say “no, you don’t need a web site.”
But instead of just saying “no,” I’ll ask you six questions.
- 1.Do you actively market your business?
- 2.Do you have more to tell customers and prospects than space allows in a brochure?
- 3.Does your competition have a web presence?
- 4.Is serving your customer in every way possible a key value in your organization?
- 5.Are you spending too much time on the phone, answering questions and explaining things to people who just want general information?
- 6.Do you spend too much time making a sale?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, a web site would be beneficial to you.
A productive website is the foundation of your entire marketing scope. In the majority of cases, it’s the first place people go to learn about you. Because websites can have numerous, highly informative pages that people can easily access, you’ve got the best sales person in the world working 24 hours a day and never calling in sick.
Yes, you need a website! Yes, you should hire me to design your site!